Friday, November 5, 2010

The MP3 Player Claw Machine

This one is rigged to fail, not to mention more cruel than most machines.  First off, look at the plastic cases.  They are smooth and slick.  Second, look at the claw.  Notice it's tips are covered in plastic tabs.  Because of the case and the tips, it makes it nearly impossible to grab one.

I say, NEARLY, because the way you win is even more cruel than the design.

I tried this machine one time and kept picking up Mp3 players only to drop them immediately.  So one Saturday morning, I bring a ten dollar bill with the express purpose of trying to win one.  ANDDDDD . . . . . .I win on the first try.  I was like, "Wait a minute!".  So I tried to pick up another one but the next 9 times I pick them up and drop them.  I knew something wasn't right.  So I hung out and watched other people play it.  After about 2 hours, I saw another man grab one.  He did NOTHING any different than me.  So I did some research on what could be causing this. 

Low and behold, there is a mechanism inside the machine that's designed to control the tension of the claw!

Inside the machine is a dial designed to tighten the claw after so many tries.  Say for instance, the owner sets the dial to 100.  When means the claw will tighten after 100 tries and the lucky winner gets an MP3 player. 

So in short, unless you're prepared to watch and count how many tries this machine has, don't play this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment